“She watches over the ways of her household, and does not eat the bread of idleness.” Proverbs 31:27
The Wise Woman Builds Her Spirit
- Get a pad of spiral bound notecards to keep at your kitchen sink and download a voice recording app on your phone. These tools will be used frequently to help you memorize Scripture.
- Write 1 Timothy 5:14 on your notecards or in dry erase marker on your bathroom mirror or record it on your phone, and memorize the verse by the end of the week.
The Wise Woman Loves Her Husband
- Take back your master bedroom this week. Create a space of calm and relaxation for the two of you. Clear any piles of clutter, and put away that laundry that seems to pile up in the master bedroom. Spend an extra moment dusting and cleaning the window covering.
- Ask your husband how you can pray for him this week. Is he experiences challenges at work that, by committing to pray, you can help ease the burden? Remember to listen with an open heart when he shares his burdens with you.
The Wise Woman Loves Her Children
- Spend a moment this week helping your children learn a new household task. Even young children can learn to vacuum, empty the dishwasher, and help with the laundry. Take Proverbs 22:6 to heart.
- Take time to read with your children this week. Commit to being present in the moment and turn off the smartphone during reading time.
The Wise Woman Cares For Her Home
- Plan what you are going to have for dinner by 9 a.m. every day this week. Try to utilize items you already have on hand to prepare family meals. Challenge yourself to think outside your regular meal rotation and use what is on your pantry shelves.
- Before you head to bed, take a moment to wipe down your kitchen counters and sink area. Do this small task every night this week. You will find you are more productive if you start the day with a clean kitchen.