“As iron sharpens iron, so a friend sharpens a friend.” Proverbs 27:17
The Wise Woman Builds Her Spirit!
- Write the following African Proverb in your journal: “If you want to go fast, go alone. If you want to go far, go with others.” Don’t go at it alone this week. Call a friend and ask her what God is speaking to her heart and share what God has been teaching you. Take time to pray together. Write Proverbs 27:9 on your 3×5 cards.
- Record five of your most important prayers on your phone with a Scripture to back each of them up. Listen to them as much as possible this week, while getting dressed, running errands, folding laundry, or exercising at the gym.
The Wise Woman Loves Her Husband!
- Pick a couple of days to bring a smile to your husband’s face and have a great time with your children too. When your husband comes home, go to the door and do what we call the “Daddy Dance!” When Dad drives up, everyone goes to the door, starts clapping and singing “Daddy, Daddy, Daddy!” What a fun and beautiful way to welcome dad home and also to show the children how to respect their dad.
The Wise Woman Loves Her Children!
- Get moving with your kids this week! Turn on your favorite praise and worship music and have a living room dance party!!
- Teach your child a new skill around the home this week. Proverbs 22:6 tells us, “Direct your children onto the right path, and when they are older, they will not leave it.” Even the smallest child can learn to load the dishwasher, sort laundry, or sweep the floor.
The Wise Woman Cares For Her Home!
- Revisit your family budget this week. Are all the areas working well? If not, reevaluate and create a new plan. If you are not currently using a family budget, sit down with your husband one night this week and talk about setting some financial goals. Remember to pray first.
- Declare a no-TV-night one night this week. Play board games, play puzzles, or read a book. You could even make a family art project. If you are brave, make it a whole no-TV-week.