“I am the vine; you are the branches. If you remain in me and I in you, you will bear much fruit…” John 15:5
The Wise Woman Builds Her Spirit!
- Be sure to make time in your schedule for regular Bible study and prayer this Christmas season! Things can get really busy during the holidays, so time with God is more essential than ever to keep your sense of inner peace. Pray and ask God to help you focus on Him more than anything else, and for His help to be patient and to love your family well.
- Take a moment to give yourself a pedicure; paint your nails a festive color. Moms need to have fun, too!
The Wise Woman Loves Her Husband!
- Lay under the Christmas tree together before you place presents under it. Look up at all the lights, and reflect on your past Christmases.
- Start a yearly tradition for you and your husband. Plan a quiet or festive date night, and make it a priority. Setting time aside to keep your marriage healthy during a potentially stressful time of year will help you view each other as partners. Here are some simple ideas: go out for dessert or tea, take a walk around the neighborhood to enjoy Christmas lights, go for a walk in the snow, or try ice skating together.
The Wise Woman Loves Her Children!
- Keep Christmas music playing all month! Have spontaneous dance parties with your children! It will put your kids in a great mood and build musical Christmas memories in their hearts.
- Make a “Countdown to Christmas” Paper Chain out of red and green construction paper. Type the words to the Christmas story on slips of paper—staple or tape them to the garland. Have your child read the Scriptures each day. This is a fun, interactive decoration.
The Wise Woman Cares For Her Home!
- Set up a hot cocoa station on your counter. Use pretty jars or containers and a tray to hold all of your hot cocoa fixings (cocoa, marshmallows, candy canes, etc.). Now you have everything at your fingertips for when your children come in and out of the cold. It is also fun for each child to occasionally make their own special treat!
- Make a gift-wrap organizer: purchase an under the bed organizer tote and fill with Christmas gift wrap, bags, tissue paper, gift tags, ribbon, tape, scissors, etc. You could even make one as a gift!