“I am the vine; you are the branches. If you remain in me and I in you, you will bear much fruit…” John 15:5
The Wise Woman Builds Her Spirit!
- Take time this week to listen to God. If you don’t always hear Him that’s okay, this exercise can help. Pull out your journal, ask God to speak to you. Start writing the questions you’ve been wrestling with in your mind. Be bold and don’t hold back. God desires to hear your thoughts. After a few moments, stop. Listen and write what He speaks to you. It takes practice to be able to discern the Lord’s voice, so this is a great start. Reread the journal entry and you’ll be amazed how God has answered your questions.
- Write John 10:27 on your mirror with dry erase marker. Work on memorizing it this week.
The Wise Woman Loves Her Husband!
- Leave an encouraging note for your husband to find later in his work day, like his lunchbox or bathroom mirror, to let him know you’re thinking of him and that you think he is wonderful.
- Put your kids to bed a little early and play a game of cards or a two-player board game (Scrabble, Yahtzee, etc.) with your husband.
The Wise Woman Loves Her Children!
- Encourage positive self-talk among your children every day this week. Every time you hear them say “I can’t” or “I am not good enough,” stop and tell them “they can” and “they are good enough.” Have them turn the negative statement into a positive one. Remind them they are children of God who are fearfully and wonderfully made. Encourage them to memorize Psalm 139:14 to help banish negative self-talk.
- Plan a hike and encourage your children to listen for the Lord’s voice and feel His presence as they walk. Tell them that hearing from God and feeling His presence can be as simple as looking around at nature and noticing the beauty. Be sure to gather supplies to make homemade trail mix; cheerios, pretzels, nuts, chocolate, etc. Yummy snacks make hiking fun!
The Wise Woman Cares For Her Home!
- Make sure to have the dishes in the dishwasher, floor swept, and counters wiped down each night before you go to bed.
- If you plan to hand out candy to trick or treaters, turn it into a fun ministry project. Before the evening begins, pray for every person who will come to your door. Ask Jesus to show them His love and for them to come to know Him as their Savior if they don’t already. You can also make cards that say “Jesus Loves You” with John 3:16 printed on them. Hand these cards out with your candy.