“Let your roots grow down into him, and let your lives be built on him. Then your faith will grow strong in the truth you were taught, and you will overflow with thankfulness.” Colossians 2:7 (NLT)
The Wise Woman Builds Her Spirit
- Listen to an audio Bible as you get ready every day this week.
- Read Ephesians 1. Rewrite it in your journal, inserting your name where applicable. It is a wonderful chapter of encouragement.
The Wise Woman Loves Her Husband
- Write a couple of short notes to your husband this week, telling him things you love or appreciate about him! Put them in unexpected places like his lunch, the dashboard of his car, his sock drawer, etc.
- Encourage your children to write or draw about all the things they love about their dad, why they love spending time together, and how he makes them happy. Hide their notes in your husband’s work bag, or tuck them in his gym clothes. Consider framing them for his desk at work to encourage
him over and over again.
The Wise Woman Loves Her Children
- Read a favorite chapter book from your childhood to your kids at bedtime. You will enjoy reading it to your children, and the joy of reading is contagious. You will all find yourselves looking forward to bedtime this week!
- Dye Easter eggs with your children. Boil the eggs in advance. Wear old clothes and prepare for a messy and fun afternoon. Don’t forget to take some pictures, including some of mom laughing in the chaos! Everyone can work together to clean up.
The Wise Woman Cares For Her Home
- Meal plan based on what you currently have in your pantry and freezer. Be creative and resourceful. Use up the dry goods and items you have on hand instead of spending money at the grocery store.
- Play a game with yourself and see how many meals you can make with the items you have on hand.
- Choose one day this week to clean under the sink in your bathrooms. Remove everything and wipe down the entire area. Throw away any expired cosmetics or bath products. Remove items that do not belong in the bathroom and put them in the proper room. Replace all items in an organized manner.