“Let your roots grow down into him, and let your lives be built on him. Then your faith will grow strong in the truth you were taught, and you will overflow with thankfulness.” Colossians 2:7 (NLT)
The Wise Woman Builds Her Spirit
- Challenge yourself to memorize a Bible verse this week: Record it on your phone or write it on index cards and place them around your home and car (inside cupboards, by the washing machine, on the bathroom mirror, on your dashboard). Keep practicing saying it out loud until you have it memorized.
- Pray with your prayer partner this week. If you are having trouble connecting, keep trying until you get to pray. It’s worth the effort!
The Wise Woman Loves Her Husband
- Find little ways to show love to your husband: bring him something to drink and a snack while he is relaxing in the evening, hang up his clothes for him when he returns home from work, or make his favorite treat just for him. One of the most meaningful ways to show love is in the small things done consistently.
- Pray every day that your husband would experience such love for God that his heart would overflow with worship. Journal about your insights into yourself and your husband.
The Wise Woman Loves Her Children
- Journal about each of your children’s characteristics right now. Mark this moment in time because as they grow and change, you will want to look back at what they were like at certain ages. Write about their likes and dislikes, what you love about them, what they do that makes you laugh, messes they made, etc.
- Teach your children a new praise song this week. Choose a simple chorus that is easy for all ages to learn. Practice while they ride with you in the car. Remind your children that singing is a form of worship. You can reference Psalm 100.
The Wise Woman Cares For Her Home
- Dust all the blinds in your home this week. Vacuum out the windowsills and wipe down the baseboards. If you have curtains, vacuum the curtains to remove any dust.
- Choose one day to clean out your refrigerator. Remove everything and discard the spoiled or expired items. Wipe down the entire fridge and put everything back in an organized manner.