“Let your roots grow down into him, and let your lives be built on him. Then your faith will grow strong in the truth you were taught, and you will overflow with thankfulness.” Colossians 2:7 (NLT)
The Wise Woman Builds Her Spirit
- Unfollow (you don’t have to unfriend) anybody on Facebook or Instagram that tempts you to feel envious, depressed, inadequate, or guilty. Perhaps you can fast from all social media this week.
- Take your quiet time outside this week. Grab your Bible, notebook, and coffee. Sit and listen to what God has to say to you. Be still in these moments and let the Holy Spirit work in your heart. Enjoy the beauty of your surroundings, and worship God for the beauty He has made.
The Wise Woman Loves Her Husband
- Call or text your husband a few times this week just to say “hello” and to see if there is anything you can do for him to ease the burden of his day. He will be glad to come home to a thoughtful wife.
- Give your husband a day off this weekend, no questions asked. Give him the chance to meet up with friends, go golfing, or just have a quiet moment to himself to clear his head. Do this with a cheerful heart, and listen to him when he gets home. Don’t complain or act resentful; remember, this was a gift!
The Wise Woman Loves Her Children
- Children love it when we as moms take time out of our busyness to play with them! Devote at least 10 minutes per day this week to play with each of your children. Be silly and have fun! They may remember those 10 minutes for the rest of their lives!
- Hug your children and tell them you love them every day this week. In the hustle and bustle of life, it is easy to go all day without saying the most important words to your children.
The Wise Woman Cares For Her Home
- Clear all clutter from your kitchen table and counters this week. Put away all stray items that have landed in the kitchen. File paperwork and throw away any trash. Create a plan to avoid this situation in the future.
- Start a load of laundry first thing three days this week. When the wash cycle finishes, immediately move the load to the dryer. When the load finishes in the dryer, fold the clothes and immediately put them away. Do not let the clothes pile up on a couch or chair. Finish the task fully.