“Her children rise up and call her blessed; her husband also, and he praises her.” Proverbs 31:28 (NKJV)
The Wise Woman Builds Her Spirit!
- Keep working on your prayer binder for 2 days this week, but keep it short (only 15-20 minutes). Remember you can easily put your prayers on your phone too.
- Listen to a Help Club for Moms video from our Facebook page while you are folding laundry or matching socks this week.
The Wise Woman Loves Her Husband!
- Forego a favorite treat (like a latte) and save the money for a special night out or a gift for your husband. Maybe he has mentioned wanting something in passing for which you can save up and surprise him by practicing some self-control.
- Give your husband 15 minutes after he gets home from work to decompress. Greet him, then let him be for a few minutes. Allow him some time to let the work day go. He will be a better partner if he is not pushed right into the thick of things for the evening.
The Wise Woman Loves Her Children!
- Pick a childhood favorite chapter book to read at bedtime. You will enjoy reading it to your children, and the joy of reading is contagious. You will all find yourselves looking forward to bedtime this week!
- Take a minute during your quiet time to write a note of encouragement to each of your children. Tuck the notes under their pillows for them to find when they go to bed or drop them in the mail if your children are grown. Be sure to remind them that they are eternally loved by Jesus.
The Wise Woman Cares For Her Home!
- Get in the habit of making a “6 Most Important” list before you go to bed. Simply pray about what the most important things are that God wants you to get done the next day and write down the top six. Cross them off during the day as you accomplish them.
- Do the “5 o’clock pick-up” for four days this week. Put on some favorite music, set a timer for 15 minutes, and you and your children go through the main living areas and pick up everything, everywhere. Give each of your children a basket in which to put their things and then have them put away their found items. Stop after 15 minutes.