The Mom Tips are designed to help you to grow closer to Jesus, offer new ideas to help you to grow in your relationships with your husband and children, and establish a Christ-centered home. At the beginning of each week, simply pray about which tips to try and check them off as you accomplish them. Completing them all or doing only one tip is just fine! As we say in the Help Club, you do you!!
The Wise Woman Builds Her Spirit
- Set a Scripture as your phone’s wallpaper or lockscreen.
- Organize or clean your purse or wallet. It will help you feel more put together.
The Wise Woman Loves Her Husband
- Have a breakfast picnic! Enjoy a morning to connect. Get up before the kids to set out the blanket, place settings, and make food. Keep it simple, and have fun with it! If the weather is nice, have it in your backyard. Your husband will appreciate your effort to make his morning special before he heads to work.
- If you want to feel closer to your spouse, do something for others with your spouse. Sounds a little crazy, but it works! Even small acts of kindness performed side-by-side can bring you closer together and help your marriage be more fulfilling.
The Wise Woman Loves Her Children
- Find new perspective. Imagine yourself in your child’s shoes: how would you think, feel, and view the world?
- Encourage positive self-talk among your children every day this week. Every time you hear them say “I can’t” or “I’m not good enough,” stop and tell them that “they can” and “they are good enough.” Remind them that they are children of God who are fearfully and wonderfully made. Use Psalm 139:14 to help them.
The Wise Woman Cares For Her Home
- Pick one room in the house this week to deep clean it—dust, disinfect, etc. Turn on some worship music and use it as some alone time between you and God.
- Take some time to write down important dates on your calendar or planner.
Leslie has known Jesus almost as long as she has known her husband.
She loves Jesus, her husband, her two daughters, coffee and her dachshund Oscar Myer.
Her favorite bible verse is 2 Corinthians 4:8 "We are pressed on every side by troubles, but we are not crushed or broken. We do not give up and quit."