The Mom Tips are designed to help you to grow closer to Jesus, offer new ideas to help you to grow in your relationships with your husband and children, and establish a Christ-centered home. At the beginning of each week, simply pray about which tips to try and check them off as you accomplish them. Completing them all or doing only one tip is just fine! As we say in the Help Club, you do you!!
The Wise Woman Builds Her Spirit
- Before you go to bed, write five things for which you are thankful today. Do this three days this week.
- Pray and ask God how your husband and children need to be loved this week. Write down each of their names and the ideas the Lord brings to your mind on a notecard or in a prayer binder. Be sure to follow through.
The Wise Woman Loves Her Husband
- Do you still have your wedding vows? There is something incredibly romantic about the moment you vowed “…till death do us part.” Sit across from one another as you say your wedding vows to each other again! Better yet, create new vows that include your children and years together. End with a toast!
- Plan to do a date night kid swap with trustworthy friends. On your date night, your friends will watch your kids, and you return the favor on their date night.
The Wise Woman Loves Her Children
- How do you want your children to remember you? Be that mom this week!
- Take turns playing a quick, simple game with your child in bed before he or she goes to sleep. The card game UNO is easy to play in bed.
The Wise Woman Cares For Her Home
- Get in the habit of making a “6 most important” list before you go to bed. Ask God what He wants you to get done the next day, and write it down. Feel satisfied as you complete and cross off each item.
- Do the “5 o’clock pickup” four days this week. Put on fun music, and set a timer for 15 minutes, as you and your children go through all the main living areas and tidy up. Stop after 15 minutes.
Leslie has known Jesus almost as long as she has known her husband.
She loves Jesus, her husband, her two daughters, coffee and her dachshund Oscar Myer.
Her favorite bible verse is 2 Corinthians 4:8 "We are pressed on every side by troubles, but we are not crushed or broken. We do not give up and quit."