“I am the vine; you are the branches. If you remain in me and I in you, you will bear much fruit…” John 15:5
The Wise Woman Builds Her Spirit!
- Pray and ask the Lord to help you to be the wise woman who builds her house (Proverbs 14:1). What do you want to build into your family this year? What do you want each room of your “house” to contain; kindness, encouragement, prayer, praise, service, self-discipline? We must be intentional about what we want to “build” into our “house” or our family this year! If you want to get creative, sketch out a simple house outline with rooms, detailing what you are planning to build into the lives and hearts of your home and family this year!
- Make time to exercise this week. It’s important to take care of our bodies!
The Wise Woman Loves Her Husband!
- Give your husband a free night this week. Encourage him to connect face to face with a friend.
- Plan a “Triple-Five-Night” with your husband this week. Share five of your favorite memories or accomplishments from the past year, five goals for the new year, and five things you are looking forward to in the coming year. Try this with your kids too!
The Wise Woman Loves Her Children!
- Create a prayer list specific to each of your children to pray for the next year. Choose specific items and areas of growth to commit to the Lord in prayer. Put your list in your prayer binder for reference.
- Have a New Year’s party with your family! Make your family’s favorite foods, look at pictures or watch home movies of your past year, thank God for all the blessings of this past year and pray for the coming year!
The Wise Woman Cares For Her Home!
- Take time to write thank you notes for the gifts you received for Christmas. Use the last 10 minutes of your quiet time to write one or two a day until you are finished.
- Ask your family what meals they love the most and make your own family cookbook of your favorites. Make sure to repeat them often in the New Year and add more as you discover them.