Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus. Philippians 4:6-7
“Our praying needs to be pressed and pursued with an energy that never tires, a persistency which will not be denied, and a courage that never fails.” -E.M. Bounds
- Grab your Bible, your journal, pen, a candle, and a note card and go to the place where you meet with your Jesus. Ask the Lord to show you someone during your quiet time who could use a word of encouragement. When you are finished with your time with God, write the note to your friend. You could even include a verse to help her through what she might be facing right now. Tell her that God loves her!
- Ask the Lord to speak to your heart about prayer.
- Read Philippians 4:4-9. Write verses 6 and 7 in your journal. For deeper study, read the whole chapter.
Pray About Everything!
What a beautiful passage of Scripture to encourage us to pray and trust God with everything in our lives! God loves us so much, and His wants us to come to Him and pray about every single thing that is troubling our hearts. He cares about our burdens and wants to lift every one of them off of our shoulders and onto His.
When my children were little, I was so stressed out about everything! I had a very difficult childhood and wasn’t raised in a Christian home, so I had no idea how to raise children to know Jesus but had a burning desire in my heart to do so. I was so worried about somehow messing my children up, and the seemingly impossible task of raising kids to love God, that every night I would go into my daughter’s room, kneel down, pray and cry out to God!
I felt SO lost and realized my inadequacies as a mom. It was then that I decided that the one thing I could do to help my situation and alleviate my fears was to pray. And pray I did! All the time! It brought me so much peace to know that I couldn’t do it myself and that God WANTS to help me!
About this time, I found Emilie Barnes’ idea of making a prayer binder and adapted it to my life. What a blessing this prayer binder has been to me! I would simply pray and ask God what prayers He wanted me to pray regularly and wrote them down and prayed them each week. This habit helped me to feel peace because I was able to give all of my concerns to God when I prayed.
God wants us to pray ALL of the time, and to “Cast all your anxiety on Him because he cares for you.” 1 Peter 5:7. Tomorrow, you will have an opportunity to make your own prayer binder. It is a practical tool that helps us to give ALL of our anxieties and worries to God and to place them in His capable hands. He is the only one who brings real peace, and joy, and is the One who longs to help us with each and every situation we may encounter.
Questions to Ponder
- I shared that my greatest fear as a mom was that I didn’t know how to raise my children to love God. What is your biggest motherly concern for your children?
- Write it in your journal and give this concern to the Lord, trusting it to His care.
Faith Filled Idea
Tomorrow, we will start making our prayer binder. Begin praying today and asking God for specific prayers for your family. If you are in the habit of journaling, take some time today to look over some prayers that are meaningful. Write all of the prayers the Lord shows you in your journal so you can put them into your binder.
Here are the supplies that you will need to make your prayer binder:
- ½ inch binder with a clear plastic front so you can slide a piece of paper behind the plastic and customize your prayer binder.
- Translucent sheet protectors (10-20)
- Seven dividers with tabs
- Notebook paper or your favorite paper to write your prayers on that will fit in the sheet protectors.
- Decorative paper if you want to be creative, but don’t let perfectionism get in the way of finishing your prayer binder. The most important thing is that you finish. [/box]
Answer today’s question in the comment box so we can all get to know one another! We at the HCFM are praying for our online community to build relationships, even if they are across the country or the world! 🙂
-Do you have a favorite quote about Prayer?[/box]