“Finally, brothers and sisters, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable–if anything is excellent or praiseworthy–think about such things.” Phil 4:8.
The Mom Tips are meant to enhance your life and role as a Christian wife, mom, discipler of your children, homemaker, and friend.
Pray about which ideas to try and keep this list on your fridge all week. Check them off as you accomplish them. Complete all of the Mom Tips or pick one to finish. We all are in different stages of our lives. You do you!
Do what you can and celebrate the fact that you added something new to enhance your life!
The Wise Woman Builds Her Spirit:
- Take time for a nice shower this week. While in the bath, play some worship songs on your phone or CD player. Take a few minutes just to stand under the hot water and sing or pray to yourself. This simple act will help clear your mind and bring your focus back to Jesus.
- Pray and ask God how your husband and children need to be loved this week. Write down each of their names and the ideas the Lord brings to your mind on a notecard or in your prayer binder. Be sure to follow through.
The Wise Woman Loves Her Husband:
- Plan an activity with your children where they write notes or draw pictures about what they love about their dad. You write one too!
- Elevate your husband in front of others. Be his biggest cheerleader this week. Speak about his accomplishments and great qualities to someone. Practice the principle behind Ephesians 4:29 and “build others up.”
The Wise Woman Loves Her Children:
- Read your children your favorite story/lesson in the bible. Take the time to explain to them why it is your favorite and ask them to tell you about their favorite Bible story.
- Encourage positive self-talk among your children every day this week. Every time you hear them say “I can’t,” or “I’m not good enough,” stop and tell them that “they CAN,” and “they ARE good enough.” Remind them that they are children of God who are fearfully and wonderfully made. Encourage them to memorize Psalm 139:14 to help them banish negative self-talk.
The Wise Woman Cares For Her Home:
- Choose one day this week and clean out that dreaded junk drawer in your kitchen. We all have that one drawer where we put the items that do not have a home. Throw away the garbage and wipe the drawer out completely. If the items have a home somewhere else, take the time to put them away.
- Clear your schedule this week. Come to the Lord and ask him what items need your time and what can be left off.
Join the conversation: What’s your favorite Mom Tip you have ever tried?[/box]
Leslie has known Jesus almost as long as she has known her husband.
She loves Jesus, her husband, her two daughters, coffee and her dachshund Oscar Myer.
Her favorite bible verse is 2 Corinthians 4:8 "We are pressed on every side by troubles, but we are not crushed or broken. We do not give up and quit."