“For the word of God is alive and active. Sharper than any double-edged sword, it penetrates even to dividing soul and spirit, joints and marrow; it judges the thoughts and attitudes of the heart”
~ Hebrews 4:12
“Sir, my concern is not whether God is on our side; my greatest concern is to be on God’s side, for God is always right.”
~ Abraham Lincoln
• Find a prayer partner, someone who will pray for you and with you each week. Pray and ask God to help you choose. If you don’t have someone who can make that commitment, simply call a different friend each week. Call your prayer partner for your 10 Minute Prayer Call today. Keep trying to connect until you are able to pray together. Prayer is powerful!
• It’s time to meet with your Jesus! Take the time to light a candle, get something hot to drink, and breathe deeply the love of God. Tell Jesus three things that you love about His character–(Jesus, you are so loving, faithful and oh, so kind to me) and three things for which you are thankful–(Jesus, blessings, marriage, children, answered prayers–anything that’s on your heart).
• Read Hebrews 4:12-13 and write verse 12 in your journal. Ask the Holy Spirit to speak to you as you read His Word.
The Living Word of God
Do you see the truth right before your eyes here in God’s Word? God does not hide His truth from us. He wants good things for His children, so He gives us His holy Word. It is His eternal Truth that guides, convicts, and reveals what is good for our souls. God’s Word is alive, so each time we choose to meditate on God’s true, penetrating Word, we allow ourselves to be convicted of the deepest, most cavernous sin and ignorance that exists in our hearts.
Because of pride, fear, wounds, or the need for control, we are often unaware of the most deeply rooted sin in our lives. This sin is often extremely deep and painful and requires the sharpest, finest instrument, which in the hands of the Master Surgeon, will cut away all that holds us back from Him. His Word and Truth will usher us into the life God has for us. This true and rich life is available when we allow our loving Father to remove all that holds us back, forgive us, and replace it with His love and will for our life.
We can give our sin and our hearts to God. He knows us better than we could ever know ourselves and loves us infinitely more than we could ever imagine.
Our precious Savior, the lover of our souls and bearer of our sins says, “Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest in your souls,” (Matthew 11:28-29).
May we all allow the Word of God to cut away the weariness of sin from our hearts today, as we ponder his truth and allow the Master Surgeon, to forgive our sins, heal our hearts, and bring us closer to Him.
Questions to Ponder
• How is the Holy Spirit speaking to you today? Are there areas of your life or sins that you are not submitting to Christ? Ask God to help you obey him, ask for the strength to confess, seek His forgiveness and turn away from sin in your life.
Download a recording app on your phone, or purchase an inexpensive voice recorder. Record this verse Psalm 119:105 (NASB): “Your word is a lamp unto my feet and a light to my path.”
Play the recording over and over until you have it memorized. Have your children join in and give them a simple little prize when they learn it too! Children are sponges and can learn anything when they are young. I always rewarded my children when they memorized scripture, and I considered the money spent on rewards as my investment in their hearts and relationships with God.
Join the Community! Give hope, prayer, and encouragement below.
Post a comment & talk about it.[/box]
- Hope and Help for the Weary Mom Broadcast - October 23, 2020
- Bonus Resources: Thanksgiving Encouragement YouVersion Plan - October 23, 2020
- Friendship to Last a Lifetime: Help Club for Moms Book - October 22, 2020