“You make known to me the path of life; in your presence there is fullness of joy; at your right hand are pleasures forevermore.” Psalm 16:11
Did you know it is possible to believe in Jesus without embracing the fullness of His presence and joy in your life? In Lesson 5 from the Joy Challenge, Tommy compares our potential lack of closeness with the Lord to a husband and wife who share a home but experience little attachment and intimacy. Just as marital intimacy requires effort and attention, walking daily in God’s presence requires practice as well (Proverbs 3:5-6).
We can deepen our intimacy with the Savior by thanking Him continually throughout the day for all the small blessings He gives us (1 Thessalonians 5:16-18). We can release our mistakes to Him through repentance and saturate ourselves in Scripture, which is His love letter to us.
Soon, we will grow to find ourselves living a life of joy, spurred by His abundant grace (2 Peter 1:2)! We will hear His whispers of love, and our hearts will soften to His wisdom. My friend, God wants to refine you and minister to your mama-heart through His Word and His Spirit! Do not sacrifice that opportunity for the sake of being your own leader! Walk in the presence of Christ and allow Him to guide you on His path of joy!
Blessings and love,
JOY – FILLED IDEA
- As Tommy suggested, a lack of intimacy in marriage can greatly deplete your joy! Take a moment to pray about how you can infuse more closeness into
your marriage today.
- Begin by reflecting on your thoughts toward your husband. Each time you experience a negative thought about him, immediately replace it with a positive one. Remind yourself of the qualities you love about your husband and praise him for these attributes each day. Pray blessing and Scripture over your husband and endeavor to become his number one encourager!
- Memorize James 1:19-20: “Everyone should be quick to listen, slow to speak, and slow to anger, for man’s [a wife’s] anger does not bring about the righteousness that God desires.” Apply it daily! When you are living in unity with your spouse, your heart will be open to the joy the Lord has for you.
Spend ten minutes reconnecting with your spouse today without any distractions. Turn off your cell phones and spend some time really talking with one another.
I am the wife of a handsome man and the mama of two little boys (with a third one on the way this summer!). I live in a little house in the woods of Colorado with a few chickens and a lot of little-boy-craziness. I love you though I’ve never met you, and I’m praying for you often. My life, like yours, isn’t perfect, but we are both perfectly loved by our Savior!
Latest posts by Tara Davis (see all)
- Teaching Your Children About the Love of God - August 10, 2018
- Leaving a Legacy of Love - July 13, 2018
- Teaching Children That Nothing Is Impossible with God - June 22, 2018