“Those who live in the Spirit are able to carefully evaluate all things…” 1 Corinthians 2:15a
“Jesus tells us we can live the kind of life He lived when we draw upon the Holy Spirit.” Chuck Swindoll
- A big component of the Help Club for Moms is praying with a prayer partner for 10 minutes once a week. If you don’t have a prayer partner, pray and ask God to bring her to you. He is faithful and will provide!
- Close your eyes and take a moment to breathe in the stillness of being in the presence of the Almighty. Ask Him to flood your heart, mind, and soul with His thoughts, His ways and all the fullness of who He is as you read and meditate on His Word.
Living in the Spirit
What does it mean to “carefully evaluate” all things through the Spirit? I grew up with virtually no understanding of the Holy Spirit, but when I was twenty-nine years old, the Lord began to teach me. Maybe you’re like me and desire to know more. Below are a few key things we can know about Him through His Word:
- You have the mind of Christ through the Holy Spirit. Did you know you have the ability to think like God, to have His ways, purposes and thoughts made known to you? Do you understand that you can tap into His wisdom and have His deepest mysteries revealed? The Bible says if you believe in Jesus through faith, you possess the Holy Spirit and have this supernatural ability to have the mind of Christ! God gives you free reign to evaluate things through Jesus’ Spirit.
In other words, the Holy Spirit gives you wisdom and understanding:
For, “Who can know the LORD’s thoughts? Who knows enough to teach him?” But we understand these things, for we have the mind of Christ. (1 Corinthians 2:16 NLT) But it was to us that God revealed these things by his Spirit. For his Spirit searches out everything and shows us God’s deep secrets. No one can know a person’s thoughts except that person’s own spirit, and no one can know God’s thoughts except God’s own Spirit. And we have received God’s Spirit (not the world’s spirit), so we can know the wonderful things God has freely given us. (1 Corinthians 2:10-12 NLT)
- You are a New Creation through the Holy Spirit. When you became saved, you were transferred from one kingdom realm to another—from darkness to light. This happened through the power of God’s Spirit:
This means that anyone who belongs to Christ has become a new person. The old life is gone; a new life has begun! (2 Corinthians 5:17 NLT)
As a result, you no longer operate under this old world’s system, but were birthed into God’s new and upgraded version. Your mind is now under the influence of God’s Holy Spirit living in you! The Spirit breathed life into your being, giving you spiritual life from God. The Holy Spirit is an upgrade—kind of like an old computer with brand new software uploaded onto it, this gives you the ability to understand the language of God. It takes faith to believe this, to activate this knowledge about the Holy Spirit living inside of you—yet what the Bible says is completely true!
- You have the same Spirit in you that anointed Jesus while He operated on earth. Isaiah prophesied about Jesus in Isaiah 11:2 (NLT) which says:
And the Spirit of the Lord will rest on him—the Spirit of wisdom and understanding, the Spirit of counsel and might, the Spirit of knowledge and the fear of the Lord.
Before Jesus died, He promised to send the same Holy Spirit He operated in as a gift, to those who believe in Him! Isn’t that exciting? John 14:16-17 (NLT) says:
And I will ask the Father, and he will give you another Advocate, who will never leave you. He is the Holy Spirit, who leads into all truth. The world cannot receive him, because it isn’t looking for him and doesn’t recognize him. But you know him, because he lives with you now and later will be in you.
Sister, the Holy Spirit is all you need to overcome obstacles in front of you—He gives you His LIFE, mind, thoughts, and truth. Just believe and receive these concepts even if they are new, and continue to ask Him to fill, guide, and help you understand them. As you keep praying and studying the Word of God, you will grow in understanding and wisdom in the knowledge of Him who teaches ALL things. How wonderful to have access to God, who gives us the ability to “carefully evaluate” all things, through the power of His Spirit!
Blessings and Love,
Questions to Ponder
- What does it mean to have the mind of Christ? Does it simply mean we think like Jesus? Do you look at circumstances differently because you are a Christian?
- Do you live in the power of the Holy Spirit? Do you ask the Holy Spirit to direct your steps and help you make godly choices?
I love what James 1:5 says: “If any of you lacks wisdom, you should ask God, who gives generously to all without finding fault, and it will be given to you.” Take time to ask God to reveal to you wisdom and understanding for difficult situations or decisions that you need to make. Journal what God speaks to you. God will give His perspective on your situation when you seek Him.