“The wise woman builds her house.” Proverbs 14:1a
The Mom Tips are meant to enhance your life and role as a Christian wife, mom, discipler of your children, homemaker, and friend.
Pray about which ideas to try and keep this list on your fridge all week. Check them off as you accomplish them. Complete all of the Mom Tips or pick one to finish. We all are in different stages of our lives. You do you!
Do what you can and celebrate the fact that you added something new to enhance your life!
The Wise Woman Builds Her Spirit:
- Write “But my righteous one will live by faith.” (Hebrews 10:38) on your bathroom mirror in dry erase marker. Ask God each day to help you to live by faith in thought, word, and deed. Pray for God to help you to live by faith in your marriage and love your husband well.
- Take a moment for yourself this week. Plan a pedicure, bubble bath, or simply time to read a book into your busy schedule. God invented rest and wants His daughters to rest when they can and enjoy their lives.
-The Wise Woman loves her Husband:
- Count your blessings! Pick a day where you and your husband take turns listing off 10 things each that you are most thankful for. Really try to be as detailed as possible; don’t be shallow. Take your time and encourage one another to have a grateful heart to the Lord for all of the ways He has blessed you and shown you His love.
- Pray for your husband 4 days each week for the next two weeks. Here are some ideas about what to pray:
- -Pray for him to know how deeply he is loved by God.
- -Ask God to help him to feel your love and for a blessed marriage.
- -Pray for his health and for God to heal any illness in his body.
- -Ask God to bless his relationships with your children.
- -Pray for him to be blessed at work.
- You can also ask God what to pray! He will tell you. The main thing is that you do pray.
-The Wise Woman loves her Children:
- Pick a couple of days this week to really bless your man, and have some fun with the kids all at the same time. When your husband comes home, go to the door and do what we call the “Daddy dance!” When Dad drives up, everyone goes to the door, starts clapping and singing “Daddy, Daddy Daddy!” What a beautiful way to welcome Dad home and also to show the children how to respect their dad.
-The Wise Woman cares for her Home:
- Make your bed three days this week. An easy way to make it is to do one side at a time.
- On Saturday, take a moment and plan out your menus for next week and your shopping list. Get your shopping done and chop all of your vegetables for the week ahead of time. List your meals here:
Friday ______________________________________________________________[box type=”download”]
Join the Community!
Answer today’s question in the comment box so we can all get to know one another! We at the HCFM are praying for our online community to build relationships, even if they are across the country or the world!
- How are the Mom Tips helping you?
- What is your favorite Mom Tip so far? [/box]
I remember going into my daughter's room night after night and kneeling beside her bed and crying my heart out to God because I didn’t know how to be a Christian mom; I felt like I had no idea what I was doing. You know what? God is so faithful! He answered me and simply said, “Spend time with me, Deb.” And so I did. I began arising 15-30 minutes earlier each day so I could read my Bible and pray, and plan out my day with my family.
If there was one thing I would love to share with you is that God is personal and loves you as you are. You don’t have to be perfect to be loved by our amazing God! Come as you are! His loving presence can be practically known and experienced. He is not a God who is far away, He is near and easily found. He longs for you to come to Him!
Randy and I have been married for 28 years and we have two grown children, Christie, and Jack, and one answer to prayer son-in-law named Alex. And now I get to be a Gigi to my sweet little grandbaby, Aspen! Yay!